CATER-BAKE UK LTD – CONDITIONS OF TRADE.
1) The property both legal and equitable in the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until:
- The purchase price of the Goods has been paid for in full
- Payment in full is made to the Seller of any sum which is at the date of the contract or may thereafter become due or owing from the Buyer to the Seller.
2) From the time of delivery or collection the risk of any loss or damage or deterioration from whatever cause shall be borne by the Buyer.
3) If the purchase price of the goods sold is not paid in full on the due date the Buyer shall pay to the Seller interest at the rate of 1.5% per month on the balance of the price from the time being unpaid from the date due until actual payment.
- No return can be accepted without prior written approval and is subject to the goods being as “New”
4) There is a 35% restocking charge on all returned items. In addition, freight must be prepaid to our warehouse.
5) The Seller shall not in any circumstances be liable for any failure or delay in delivery and or consequential loss incurred on the goods delivered howsoever caused.
6) Orders cancelled or changed for non stock items ordered specifically at the buyers request are subject to a 35% charge.
7) The Seller shall not be responsible for damage, injury or loss of any kind whatsoever to any property or persons howsoever arising from the use of the goods or otherwise in connection with the installation or erection of the same. Nor shall we be responsible for any additional risks which the Purchaser’s Insurance Company may consider to have been undertaken by reason of the delivery, installation or use of the goods supplied.
8) The Seller cannot be held responsible for any consequential loss in respect of breakdown or malfunction of any appliance or component, howsoever caused.
9) The Buyer must check all goods on delivery before signing for them. The seller accepts no responsibility whatsoever for shortages or damaged goods will be accepted once signed for.
10) All prices do not include V.A.T. at current UK rate. Prices do not include installation.
11) The technical and esthetic characteristics of the products shown in our catalogues or price lists maybe changed without notice.
12) Any warranty is not effective if the purchaser has not paid for the goods in full.
13) Warranty Both Full & Parts (Trade Sales) warranties apply in the event of a mechanical breakdown. All equipment is fully tested before dispatch and is guaranteed for one year from date of delivery as regards manufacturing defects. Full Warranty – Our Company will provide for replacing, and fitting free of charge, within the guarantee period, any parts that become defective. For certain items sold, full warranty will only be offered on a return to warehouse basis. Following a fault, the purchaser will be responsible for the cost and arrangement for the item to be returned to the Cater-Bake UK Ltd premises. Cater-Bake UK Ltd will carry out all necessary repairs and return the item to the customer free of charge.
Parts Warranty – Our Company will provide for replacing, free of charge, within the guarantee period, any parts that result defective, upon return of the defective parts. Transport costs and fitting cost are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Installation Certificates – All gas equipment is supplied with an installation certificate. This must be filled out by the suitably qualified and registered engineer who installs the equipment and returned to Cater-Bake within 60 days of the goods delivery. Failure to return the installation certificate will result in any warranty, full or parts only, to be declared void.
The warranty does not cover:-
- Glass, light bulbs, refractory material(ie stone baking tiles), drive belts, door seals and trim;
- Damage due to normal wear and deterioration of the equipment and of its accessories;
- Damage due to incorrect installation or insufficient maintenance;
- Equipment which has been modified by the purchaser;
- Damage to equipment which has been used for any purpose other than it was designed for.
14) The delivery service of any goods sold by Cater-Bake UK Ltd, whether charged or provided free of charge, will not include offloading from the delivery vehicle. Delivery can be made at any time between 8.30 am and 5.00pm during the standard working week in accordance with the Cater-Bake UK delivery schedule. When delivery charges are quoted to “UK mainland”, Cater-Bake UK reserves the right not to include the Highlands of Scotland.
15) The conditions of sale are governed with English Law.
UK WEEE Regulations (SI2006/3289 Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2006 as modified by any subsequent legislation).
Cater-Bake UK Ltd sells its products either retaining the producer’s obligations under the WEEE regulations or with the customer taking on the responsibilities. In either case the customer must clearly state, in writing with order, which option he/she requires, the instruction will then be confirmed on the Cater-Bake UK Ltd invoice. If no instruction is given with order, then the responsibilities will pass to the customer. The customer accepts to disclose the details of this agreement to any subsequent purchaser of the equipment, as stated by the regulations.
The purchaser agrees to absolve Cater-Bake UK Ltd from its obligations under the UK WEEE regulations which require Cater-Bake UK ltd to be responsible for financing the collection, treatment, recovery and environmentally sound disposal of any product supplied before 13 th August 2005, where a similar new product is being purchased.
Cater-Bake UK Ltd will undertake the collection, treatment, recovery and environmentally sound disposal of any product supplied before 13 th August 2005 (or outside the scope of WEEE regulations) subject to payment of its current disposal fees.